Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Weight Loss Challenge At Work

The organization I work for has a Wellness Committee in place for its employees. When I was interviewing around for a new job a few months back, this committee was part of why I decided to accept this organization's job offer. Aside all the great health initiatives our Wellness Committee institutes for the employees, I liked the idea of working for an organization that valued its employees enough to institute such a committee.

Anyway, so besides doing things like making sure there's always fresh fruit available in the breakroom for all employees, the Wellness Committee has recently decided to organize a weight loss challenge for anyone who wants to participate. I've decided to join in on the "fun", since it's exactly what I'm trying to do anyway! We were paired off in teams and there will be prizes for whoever loses the most weight at the end of the challenge and at the midpoint of the challenge. There are other activities planned for us as well, such as lunch hour workouts, etc.

So this week was the initial weigh-in. Thankfully, it wasn't Biggest Loser style, with everyone watching the scale! Our weigh-ins were done in private. Even so, it was a little nerve-wracking weighing-in in front of my co-worker. Oh well...I figure there's worst things in the world to go through then getting on the scale in front of my co-worker.

I weighed in yesterday at work at 306 lbs.

Stay tuned...

1 comment:

  1. 306 is lower than my start weight!! I'd imagine the work program will be a strong motivator to stick to it.

    ReplyDelete