Monday, January 4, 2010

What have you been missing out on?

Tonight I found myself thinking about all the things that I am missing out on because of my weight. I used to be so much more adventurous, but over the years I've found myself slowly pulling back into a safe shell. My weight is holding me back from enjoying some aspects of my life. Don't get me wrong, I've accomplished a lot in my 29 years, and I know there's more to come, but lately I find myself thinking about the things I'm missing out on. For example, this past summer I wanted to go TreeTop Trekking! I thought it looked like so much fun...totally scary, but fun...but of course, I'm too heavy. There is a 250 lb weight limit and I exceed it by 50 lbs. This was such a disappointment. Here's a website that links to a company in Ontario that does TreeTop Trekking:

http://treetoptrekking.com

Treetop Trekking is an activity that I find intimidating for so many reasons, let alone my fear of heights. But pushing ourselves and facing our fears is how we grow. So much of what I have been able to accomplish in my life has involved me pushing myself beyond my comfort zone...which leads me to think of how comfy my fat life is in some ways. It's time for me to push myself out of my comfort zone, and to realize that this period of being hungry, sore, fatigued, frustrated, etc...whatever the uncomfortable feelings may be that cause me to stay the weight I am, need to be faced. I know I am capable of overcoming them, and that by doing so, will grow as a result to end up in a better place physically where I no longer feel so fatigued. I think I just need to push through it right now...and I'm not one to shy away from a challenge.

So this is a goal I've set for myself. I am going to go TreeTop Trekking this summer. I'm looking forward to this adventure, and for some reason, it's more motivating than thinking about the numbers on the scale!



So what have you been missing out on because of your weight?

No comments:

Post a Comment