skip to main |
skip to sidebar
I'm not pregnant...I swear!
I’m sure most of you by now are familiar with the Jon & Kate Plus 8 clan. I never watched the show, but thanks to the media storm around them I actually know too many details about their life and drama. Which brings me to my latest blog posting: I was just reading an article that referred to Kate Gosslin’s stomach…well her stomach before and after giving birth to sextuplets. There has been some pictures of her in a bikini and obviously she had a tummy tuck or an upper body lift. Anyway, I have seen some pictures of what her stomach looked like right before she gave birth. It was alarmingly large and, to be honest, pretty grotesque. It looked so painful and I actually had a hard time looking at it. So now for the real kicker…Apparently at her largest while pregnant, her waist measured 52 inches around. That’s pretty big, eh? Well, after reading that, my jaw pretty much dropped and I felt like I had been kicked in the gut, because that’s about 2 inches smaller than my stomach is right now!!! I seriously just had one of those alarming moments where you realize your view of reality is very, very skewed. This may sound ridiculous to say, considering I currently weigh just over 300 lbs, but in no stretch of my imagination did I ever believe that my stomach was bigger than Kate Gosslin’s while she was pregnant with sextuplets! Not just a pregnant belly, but a pregnant belly housing six f***ing babies!
Brutal!
And just for the fun of it, and to drive the message home of what I'm talking about, I thought I would post some pictures of Kate Gosselin's pregnant belly:
Yup. There it is. A waistline that is apparently smaller than mine. There really are no words to describe how that makes me feel. I guess that's why they say a picture is worth a thousand words. Well these pictures definitely speak volumes to me!
As I get ready to post this latest blog entry, a part of me doesn't want to put this out there. That somehow, by posting this, I am being forced to admit to myself (and to all of you) that this fact is true. It makes it more real than if I had just read the article and decided to exercise some denial and push this information out of my head. Of course, I know it's better to face it, and that's why I am posting it. You can't change what you don't see/acknowledge/admit, and I'm hoping for change.
Awww man....my stomach is 4 inches bigger than that too... Yeah, okay. Motivation to keep going? Oh yes, I think so. LOL
ReplyDelete