Thursday, September 24, 2009

I'm still alive!

Oh my goodness. It's been so long since I last posted, and I still don't have time right now to put in a decent, thoughtful post, but I had to just check-in quickly so that people don't think I have disappeared into the great internet beyond. I've been feeling so guilty for not updating this blog!

So much has been going on. As a quick update, I had a great first week on WW and lost 5.6 lbs, but I haven't been back for another weigh-in. I got so sick with the flu! I had a fever for almost a week and threw up more than I can ever remember throwing up before. Seriously. The worst flu of my life. Everyone's been asking me if it was Swine Flu...but how the heck should I know? Maybe it was and now I don't have to worry about getting that vaccine everyone is talking about. I'm just hoping I've built up some immunities for the upcoming flu season.

During this chaos I also started a new job, so I've been going nuts trying to settle in and adjust to that. I hate starting a new job, because I despise having to deal with the whole learning curve that accompanies job change, but I suppose it's always a good thing to move on and experience new challenges, etc. I love the growth, but hate the growing pains.

There's also been bachelorette parties and weddings and guest lectures to prepare...did I mention I was also the Emcee at my friend's wedding? Phew! I feel like I've been doing so much public speaking lately. I am feeling pretty worn. Looking back at the last 3 weeks I don't know how I got through it all AND had the flu for almost a week. All I know is, I'm soooooooo looking forward to this weekend. Oops I almost forgot...I have another bachelorette party to attend, but at least for this one I'm not involved in the planning! Woohoo!

Oh...and I attended my first pilates class tonight! I can already tell I'll be very sore tomorrow.

I'll update more soon! I promise!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, your schedule sounds absolutely hectic! My schedule is not nearly as crazy as yours and I find it hard to get exercise in. So good for you for trying the pilates class!

    ReplyDelete