Saturday, November 27, 2010

Since my last post almost 2 weeks ago, I've been fighting a cold of some kind. I initially started out with a bad cold for a week, then had 2 days where I was feeling better, THEN came down with strep throat! I've been on antibiotics for 4 days now and am finally feeling better. My fever is gone, I'm able to swallow comfortably again, the glands in my neck no longer hurt...now if only I could stop blowing my nose and coughing! Needless to say, I've missed 3 out of 4 of my workouts with my trainer since getting sick. I've missed 5 days of work and spent countless hours laying in bed and on my couch feeling sorry for myself. I don't get sick often, but I'm kind of a suck when I do get sick! I even threw up last night, but I'm actually thinking that was due to taking my multivitamin on an empty stomach. Yes. Apparently this can happen! I had no clue. I've been taking multivitamins for YEARS and never had a problem. Last month, the drugstore was out of my regular vitamin, so I thought I would try a different brand. Well, ever since I started taking it I noticed I would feel a little nauseous...took me a little while to connect the dots and figure out why I was sick every night. So yeah, I guess that's why the package says to take with food!

So back to the topic at hand with my blog: weight loss. I got on the scale today and I was at 278.5 lbs. I'm happy with that because I'm back to where I was in the summer (I think that's when I hit that number). After losing 26 lbs, my weight loss (and efforts) stalled a bit and I gained back 4 lbs. Thankfully, I was able to get a hold of it over the months and lose it again. This is also why I wanted to connect with a personal trainer - to kick start my workouts. I am definitely feeling the results of my workouts. I can already notice and feel more muscle! I have really noticed this while I'm in the shower soaping up! LOL Mainly my biceps and calves! I told my trainer last time I saw her that it has been rough since we started dealing with sore muscles pretty much every day of the week. I work out with her twice a week, so we do upper body one day and lower body the next. This means that I spend the entire week with sore muscles!! Just when I start to feel better, I'm due to work out with my trainer and the pain starts all over again! It's a little exhausting at times, and is probably hardest I've ever worked out with my muscles, but I keep telling myself it's a good thing.

Hopefully I'm feeling much, much healthier when I see her on Tuesday and am able to get back into the swing of things. I'm done being sick!

2 comments:

  1. Where are you? Hope you're ok. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still here!! Thanks for checking in. I have thought about updating this blog like every other day, but for some reason have not made it enough of a priority. I'm going to post a new entry today though!

    ReplyDelete