So I had this information when I posted my last blog post earlier this week, but I chose to instead focus on the positive gain I made. And let me tell you, I needed that concrete positive achievement to help refocus me.
So here's my confession: I got news this week that I'm too fat to insure.
I'm talking about life insurance...we in Canada thankfully don't need to purchase health insurance. I have extended health benefits through work, some of which includes life insurance. I DO have life insurance through both my work an my husband's work, however I applied to purchase some additional optional life insurance to increase the benefit. Turns out I was rejected. When I called, no one would tell me over the phone why my request was declined, so I had to wait for a letter to arrive via snail mail to find out why I was uninsurable. Turns out I'm too FAT! My weight to height ratio is undesirable. Great. (Note the obvious sarcasm). My initial reaction was, "Huh...so apparently I'm so overweight and such a risk for death, that I'm uninsurable". Not a good thought, but also not something I can ignore. My insurance company has informed me that I'm welcome to reapply for this coverage once my weight is reduced to 242 lbs, and maintained for 12 months. *sigh*
I'm not going to lie. This hit me like a punch in my gut. It hurt.
The good news is that I'm already 26 lbs down and planning to get well below 242 lbs, but this still felt a little like a setback. Needless to say, I needed that "win" later that day with my new time for 500 steps.
Just another reason to never give up and keep moving forward until I reach my goal. The cost it too great if I throw in the towel and walk away.
Thursday, February 17, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment