Tuesday, February 15, 2011

So close...

I'm getting closer to hitting my goal of doing 500 step-ups in under 20 minutes. The last time I posted about this goal was back in October 2010. My best time at that point was 500 step-ups in 33 minutes and 19 seconds. Today I blew that time out of the water! I completed 500 step-ups in 22 minutes and 13 seconds! Woohoo! Amazing to cut off over 11 minutes. INSANE! I'm pretty impressed with myself actually. This helps to elevate and motivate me. I've had a rough week and gained 2 lbs, so I was feeling kind of defeated...feeling like, here I go again stuck at this number on the scale. I've been working hard to counteract these negative automatic thoughts, but they come up pretty frequently. Tonight is the first time I've felt positive about my progress again in over a week. This is just what I needed. A nice reality check to show that, even if the scale doesn't show me what I want, I AM making progress towards becoming a healthier person. I'm so glad I track my progress, so I can remind myself how far I've come. It's easy to forget where we've come from when the progress is slow and essentially make up of babysteps. This reminds me of the Buddhist proverb:

If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep walking.

No comments:

Post a Comment