After I got off and told my husband how I did, he wanted to give it a go on his own. So he got to stepping and his time blew mine out of the water! He did 500 steps in 17 min. 23 sec. Of course he was really hoofing it during the last 100. What a show off! It might have been more impressive if he didn't say "I'm going to pass out" as soon as he was done and then almost trip over the step. Okay...it was still impressive. I just can't keep up with my hubby! He's obviously in much better shape than I am, even if I do work out more than he does by miles! It just goes to show how much the extra weight holds me back. Whenever we're on a hike or really long walk with the dog and I get tired and he's still going strong, I always remind him that I'm carrying around almost 80 lbs more than him! That's kind of crazy to think about. And when you put it in that kind of context, I can't help but think how strong I must be, to be able to keep up with him with all that extra weight! That's a good reframe for my extra fat. I like that: that despite being overweight, I'm a physically strong person. I wonder how long hubby would last with an 80 lb weight pack on his back when we go for our hikes? Is it wrong that I would like to put this to the test? ;P
Friday, October 22, 2010
An update on my goals
So after I posted my last entry, I got to thinking...I wonder how long it would take me to do 500 steps? So I put my laptop aside, set up the stepper, and got to it. Turns out I have a way to go to get under 20 minutes. My time was 33 min. 10 sec. Geeeez! That was longer than I thought it would take me. I got pretty winded a few times and needing to walk around the step with a drink of water for a few seconds. That cost me time, but of course part of the goal would be to be able to go nonstop.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment