"If you run, you are a runner. It doesn't matter how fast or how far. It doesn't matter if today is your first day or if you've been running for twenty years. There is no test to pass, no license to earn, no membership card to get. You just run." -John Bingham
I love this quote! I read it, sat with it for a moment, and a smile crossed my face. It's simple and basic and true. I did a quick google to find out who this insightful John Bingham is and came across this website:
http://www.johnbingham.com/penguin.html
I think I'm a penguin...or at least I want to be a penguin...or I would be if I ran a race! I'm still holding onto my goal of running a 5K and once my knee heals up completely I'm going to work towards running one in the spring. I really hate to set goals and not meet them, so I was feeling pretty disappointed about being sidelined early in September, but I know I'll get there.
I know you will get there too! I love that quote, and curious to check out the website. I wonder if I am a penguin too :)
ReplyDeleteHi! Thanks for stopping by my site- in case you didn't notice I only got it started yesterday and ran into some technical difficulties already :( But anyways, I hope you read John's story- he is truly the epitome of inspiration!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the follow! I love that quote! I am pretty darn slow, but I still consider myself a runner! I visited that site...I am pretty sure I will be a penguin lol. :) And yes you will get there! Just don't over do it and hurt your knee worse! Good Luck with getting back out there! :) Even if it is just for a walk at first! :)
ReplyDelete