I jogged/walked a 5K today for the first time since my knee injury and I had a time of 57 minutes. I was feeling pretty good about that and worked up a fantastic sweat, but then I came online and saw that 57 minutes is a really slooooooooow time for a 5K. In all honesty though, I'm absolutely fine with that. I'm pleased because I know I will improve that time, and I actually had a much worse time the first time I attempted a 5K (I walked most of it). I'm glad I got a good workout in today, because I have been missing my workouts over the past month and a half. Thankfully my knee held up perfectly for that hour long workout. It was a little stiff afterwards, but I did some stretching and it feels fine right now.
At the farmer's market this morning I picked up some brussel sprouts (despite my husband's protests). Now this is a vegetable of which I have nothing but bad memories. I don't ever remember being able to choke them down as a kid, and I honestly cannot remember the last time I consumed a brussel sprout. That being said, I'm always looking to introduce new fruits and veggies into my life. So I guess I'm willing to forgive and forget our sorted past together and give brussel sprouts another chance. I've been researching online some possible recipes to try, so I'm hoping this new veggie will work out. They're so good for you, so I'd really like to be able to eat them in an enjoyable way. It's weird because I can't even remember how they taste; I just remember I really didn't like them.
As for tonight, I roasted some broccoli for the first time. I usually steam my broccoli, but I've roasted many other veggies. Veggies tossed with a little olive oil and garlic...mmmm...so good. I don't know why I haven't thought to roast broccoli before, because it was DELISH cooked that way! That'll be a repeat dish for sure!
The important thing is that you got out there and put in 5 kilometres. Good for you! I was just not feeling up to exercising today, but I did 5k as well. I am doing 5-minute running intervals which got me though it in about 40 minutes. I felt so awful (see my blog for a video comparison, lol).
ReplyDeleteI've never tried preparing broccoli in any way other than steaming. I may have to give this a try!