Friday, February 4, 2011

Weird thrills

Today on the treadmill, I hit a new 1 mile time: 16 minutes, 03 seconds. A new personal best for me, and one that I'm thrilled with! Back when I started trying to jog my first 1 mile time was 19 minutes, 50 seconds...and believe it or not, that was WORK for me. I am happy about this new time, and trying not to undermine it with negative talk about how slow it still is. Every once and a while those negative, automatic thoughts pop in and I try to jump in and interrupt them. This quote comes to mind today, as I respond to a thought that was undermining my new achievement:

"If you run, you are a runner. It doesn't matter how fast or how far. It doesn't matter if today is your first day or if you've been running for twenty years. There is no test to pass, no license to earn, no membership card to get. You just run." -John Bingham

Today I just ran :)

1 comment:

  1. Good job! I want to be faster too, but I enjoy just moving :)

    ReplyDelete