Sunday, January 30, 2011

Today's weigh-in

And I am down 1.5 lbs! Woohoo! I'm moving farther away from my stalling point of 280. It feels great to see some new numbers on the scale again. I'm so pleased with the weight loss, but an even bigger accomplishment happened today! I jogged for 15 minutes straight!! My previous longest stretch of time was 8 minutes last week! What a jump! It just happened all of a sudden...I felt like I could keep going and going. It was so weird, but also great, of course :) So I ran for a total of 30 minutes today. A new record :)

My hubby and I are moving forward with renovating our basement, so there's been so much to plan, clean up, organize, and keep track of...on top of all the usual responsibilities of home, work, and life. I've been feeling kind of overwhelmed with keeping up with everything lately, and tracking what I eat and making time for exercise are feeling like part of the burden right now. I'm working hard to not let this part of my life fall away, and some days are easier than others. It's so easy to make excuses for ourselves when we're feeling over-stretched, but I logically know that eating better and exercising will give me more energy in the long run. I just need to keep reminding myself of what's important (though, in all honesty, sometimes that depends on my mood). What has helped keep me focused, is that I made some cue cards of what I will gain from getting healthier. I read them in the morning during breakfast (and sometimes at other times of the day if I need to), and they really help bring me back to where my focus needs to be. I've also added to them, as things come up along the way. Any little trick that can help me get through the day (or next minute sometimes)! :)

1 comment: