Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Crockpot Oatmeal

As promised, I am here to report on my crockpot oatmeal trial. It was so nice to wake up this morning to hot, fresh, yummy oatmeal! The flavour was different than how I usually eat my oatmeal (I love cinnamon), but was very delicious. I really enjoyed this recipe and found it filling and satisfying for hours. I would like to mix it up a bit and try it again with other variations of fruit/nuts. I love a good apple-cinnamon oatmeal, so I might try that next. For now, I'll be eating this oatmeal for a few days now, as it was a big batch, but maybe next week we'll mix it up.

Here are some pics of the crockpot oatmeal...when I put it all together the night before, it looked pretty gross, but by morning it was looking great!







Tonight I made another recipe, this time from The Kind Diet. I am trying the barley casserole. I already ate dinner, but thought I would make it to have for tomorrow's dinner. Casseroles are always good the next day anyway, so this will be so great for tomorrow. I love coming home and knowing that dinner is waiting for me. It's so nice to not have to think about what to make for dinner, especially if I'm tired after a long day. That's when I'm most vulnerable to eating poorly. Having this casserole ready will ensure that tomorrow I'm going to be having a healthy dinner. A healthy, vegan, dinner...not that I'm vegan, or even vegetarian for that matter, but it's fun to make different dishes and try new ways of eating. I guess I'm a vegan flirt ;) And it's always fun to be a flirt. Here is a pic of the casserole before it went in the oven (it's still cooking right now, so no after shots).



Oh! Oh! The homemade larabars from last night turned out AMAZING! They were SUPER tasty! Here is a photo of one of my bars...I sliced them up and put them in separate baggies.

No comments:

Post a Comment