I haven't posted in over a month, but I really do have a good excuse this time! Really! I became very ill about a month ago and went under the knife for surgery exactly one week ago today. Without getting into it too much, I was in a significant amount of pain up until I had the surgery and am still experiencing some discomfort, but getting better each day. I'm actually going back to work tomorrow. It's been awful being off work for so many weeks, and as a psychologist, I felt so guilty about suddenly abandoning my clients without any notice and with no idea when I would be able to return to work. Of course I had another professional to cover my clients with me, but it's not the same as talking to your regular therapist who knows your history, etc. It's going to be a hectic week back and I shudder to think of how many emails I'm going to have to wade through upon my return.
On the bright side, I've lost some weight and get to update my blog. I'm down 6.5 lbs from the last time I updated this thing, for a total of 33 lbs down! That means I hit my 10%! Yay!! The weight loss goal associated with health benefits is always a good goal to hit. Who knows how much of this weight loss may come back from my recovery from surgery, but I'm looking forward to trying to keep it off by getting back into exercising! I literally have not been able to do ANYTHING even remotely physical in the last 4 weeks, which has certainly hampered my prep for the upcoming 5K I signed up for. Talk about timing! I'm still going to do the 5K, though I'm not as confident about running it now. It's amazing how my stamina is shot now after 4 weeks of couch surfing and a surgery. I feel like I'm starting all over again building up my cardio. At least I'm not getting winded just getting up to go to the bathroom (like I was for days after the surgery!)
Tuesday, May 10, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment