Monday, May 16, 2011

The recipe search is on.

I've pulled out some of my neglected, but well-intentioned recipe books. I recently purchased and received as gifts the books, The Kind Diet, Eat-Clean Diet Cookbook, and Eat-Clean Diet Cookbook 2. Although I had read through some of the books, I hadn't taken the time to actually create any of the recipes. That all changed today! I pulled out the recipe books last night and flagged many of the recipes that look very delicious. I went shopping today for ingredients and found most of what I need. I had some trouble finding a couple of the ingredients needed for recipes in The Kind Diet, but I'll check out my local health food store tomorrow and hopefully find what's required. I'm really excited!

The first thing I made tonight was some homemade "larabars". This recipe wasn't from a cookbook, but instead what a variation of something I've made before. I just used an equal ratio of unsalted, raw peanuts to medjool dates, with some rolled oats added for texture and flavour. They turned out awesome and taste like peanut butter oatmeal cookies! Easy and healthy!

The second creation is one from the Eat-Clean Diet Cookbook. It's called Crockpot Oatmeal and contains all kinds of oats and grains. I just put all the ingredients in my crockpot and apparently by the morning I'll have a delicious, healthy, and hot breakfast waiting for me. Right now it looks like sewer water, but I have faith. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment