Sunday, August 29, 2010

Lots of activity this week :)

I've had this past week off from work, and it's actually been very productive in terms of activity. I've been hiking, running, swimming, roller skating, and of course lots of walking. I hate how fast vacations go, but it was such a well-needed break this week. I actually started my week off with a trip to Tobermory for a couple days with my sister-in-law and our pups. It was so much fun! And what a dog-friendly town! We were able to take our dogs everywhere...our hotel, coffee shops, stores, restaurant patios, on the boat to Flowerpot Island! It was fantastic, and those pups sure did get spoiled. Everywhere we went, people had treats for the dogs. It was so funny.

Anyway, the main thing we did in Tobermory was that we took a boat to Flowerpot Island and spent the day hiking around the island. There was a lot to see, but boy was it tiring with my heavy backpack. Next time I'll pack much lighter. Truth be told, I think I'm used to having my husband carry the heavy bags on hikes and outings! Boy did I miss him that day! The hike would have been a hell of a lot easier if I wasn't carrying the backpack.

Here are some pictures from our trip:
This first one is just a pic of the rustic trails on the island, which the pups are enjoying sniffing around in the picture.

This next pics are of me and the flowerpots:



My sister-in-law with the large flowerpot:

We worked up quite the sweat moving out butts around the island, so thankfully the water was refreshingly cold. The water was a beautiful teal colour because of the green limestone rock in the water.

So after hiking around the island for 4 hours straight, climbing hills and stairs and rock, I was left with the realization that I still have a long way to go to improve my cardio! LOL But I am thankful that I've been working out as much as I have been, especially with the C25K, because who knows how much more difficult this hike would have been if I wasn't working out as much. I did my best to keep up with my sister-in-law who is in better shape than I. She's much more used to these types of outings, as her family tends to go for long hikes as fun family outings when they get together. My family tends to do more sedentary activities together, like playing texas hold'em! Nevertheless, I enjoy both kinds of activities and it was my bright idea to plan this long, hardy hike.

Here's a pic of us at the Tobermory city sign:
Oh! And on the trip back home, we passed this funny mini church and had to stop and take pictures!

You could actually enter the little church and there was seating for 6 people inside. Gotta love the quirky things you find during a road trip :)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a fun trip! I love to get the chance to hike around ;)

    ReplyDelete