Sunday, August 8, 2010

The summer is flying by!

I can't believe how quickly the summer months are going by. On one hand, I want the end of August to come because I have some time off, but that will mean the summer is pretty much over. I just read over my last post and see that I was down 24 lbs. I'm now down 25 lbs. I ended up gaining 3 lbs back in July and quickly put a stop to it. July was full of lots of food and celebrations, so I'm glad I only gained 3 lbs. I expected more when I stepped on the scale and relieved to only see the 3 lbs. So I got back on track with my activity and healthy eating and lost those 3, plus one more! I know it's only 1 more lb since I last posted, but it's a pretty big achievement for me. As I wrote in my last post, I've never lost this much weight before and when I slipped in July a bit, I had a voice in the back of my head that was whispering to me that I was doing "it" again and sabotaging my success. I'm so proud that I was able to not be discouraged by gaining a little back. Overall I'm still moving down the scale and feeling good about what I'm doing.

My latest health adventure...I like to shake things up and find new things to motivate me. I tend to get bored easily when it comes to working out. So my latest thing is that I'm trying the Couch to 5K program. I've attempted it before...or at least thought about doing it before. I think the most I ever did was maaaaaaybe day 2 in week 1. So yeah, I haven't really done it before. Well today I finished the first week (3 days of workouts) and am feeling fantastic about it. What made all the difference is that I downloaded a C25K app for my iPhone, so I don't have to try and time my running/walking intervals anymore! It's wicked awesome! You can listen to your music and the app will talk over your music and tell you when to run and when to walk. I absolutely LOVE it.

I've always wanted to be able to run or jog. Even when I was more athletic in my youth, I was never really able to run with much stamina. Well, it's never too late to try... right? I kind of think it would be super cool to work towards a 5K race in the fall. We'll see if I get there, but at the very least, this new workout regime is helping to motivate my butt to sweat today.

No comments:

Post a Comment