Saturday, August 21, 2010

This was a first!

This past week I had to go out of town for a couple days for a training for work, which meant that I had to stay in a hotel. In the past, I have always had good intentions to use the hotel's fitness facilities. I would pack my workout gear and tell myself that I would not skip my workouts while out of town, but for some reason I would never follow through. In all my years of staying at hotels, I have never used the workout equipment. Oh sure...I'd float around in the pool or sit in the hottub and sauna, but never touch the fitness equipment. That all changed this week. I followed some familiar patterns of packing my workout gear and planning to workout, but instead of opting to order room service and a movie when I got back to my room, this time I did something different. I actually worked out! I came home from the 8 hour training session, ate a quick healthy snack that I brought from home, and changed into my workout gear.

I have to admit, I was feeling pretty proud of myself. I completed day 3 of week 2 from the C25K and then spent some time on the upright bicycle to extend my workout a bit. I had the whole gym to myself and worked up a good sweat. When you're trying to get healthier, it's cool to see the changes in your fitness and appearance, but it's also just as encouraging to see the changes you make in terms of your choices and priorities. Every time you make a good decision for yourself, it seems to get a little easier to make other healthier choices in your life. It's funny how such a small thing can make you feel so proud of yourself!

1 comment:

  1. Great job! Isn't it awesome knowing you've done something healthy that you wouldn't have done before? It's like a little victory every single time.

    ReplyDelete