Sunday, August 29, 2010

Hunger pangs anyone?

I was catching up on my reading of some of the blogs I follow, and came across a post that hit home with me about the physical feeling of hunger. What I've come to realize in the past several months, is that it's been a long time since I actually felt hunger pangs. In these past years (well, decade now) that I have been gaining weight, it's recently become more clear that I really avoided feeling the physical sensation of hunger. I can remember feeling panicky sometimes when hunger pangs would hit me. I think it just became such a foreign sensation to me, that it felt very uncomfortable. Thankfully, I've come to realize that I can, and sometimes should, withstand hunger pangs. I do try to eat more healthier, filling foods so I don't leave myself feeling ravished, however I now can more comfortably withstand those annoying hunger pangs without a sense of urgency to eat. What a strange realization that I was actually working so hard to avoid feeling hunger pangs, and to know that I was not alone with these feelings.

No comments:

Post a Comment