I'm not exactly sure why my butt is dragging so much lately, but I'm sure it has to do with going back to work this week after have some time off. It's been tough getting my head back in the game. I'm always a little hazy when I go back to work after a vacation. I also need to get my sleep schedule back on track...speaking of which I should start getting ready for bed and get my ass to sleep at a decent hour tonight! Staying up late on the internet is pretty much a guarantee to not get much sleep ;P
Wednesday, September 1, 2010
C25K Week 3 completed
So I finally got around to doing the 3rd session of the C25K's Week 3. I'm not going to lie - it was tough. I was worried before I did it, and now I'm wondering how the heck I'm going to be able to do week 4! I think I could benefit from repeating week 3, but I don't know if that's kosher with the program. I had to reduce my speed a little bit toward the end of the 3 minute runs, so I'd like to complete the week at a steady, regular speed. That being said, I'm feeling pretty good about working out today because I was dragging my butt all day long...make that for the last couple days! I don't even know where I got the energy to do the C25K tonight, but I forced myself off the couch and put my workout clothes on. Sometimes I bargain with myself...like I'll tell myself that if I still don't feel like working out once I'm actually on the treadmill or elliptical for like 10 minutes, then I can call it a day. It seems to work because once I get going, I'm usually pretty good and feel like I want to make it worth my while since I went to all the trouble of getting changed into my workout gear and warmed up on the machine.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Great job on finishing week 3. Don't underestimate yourself. I felt exactly the same way. The C25K is just a tool like any other. Make it your own! If you feel you need to repeat a week do it. But just TRY week 4 day 1 first. I never, ever, ever, EVER thought I could get through this and now I'm on week 8.
ReplyDeleteWhen my butt's dragging it's usually because I'm slacking on my water intake. Don't forget to sleep and drink, drink, drink the water. Keep going...
I agree with Fat to Fit. It is totally fine to do a week again, but I would at least attempt the first day of week 4..you might surprise yourself :)
ReplyDeleteThat's probably what I'll do - try week 4 first. Of course now that I've injured my knee I may have to ease back into this, depending on how long I'm sidelined.
ReplyDelete