Thursday, September 2, 2010

Woman Down!

Today I had a wee accident. While at work I tripped over my own feet and landed very hard on my knee. I actually think I tripped over my clogs, but I'm not exactly sure of the cause of my fall. I was rushing down the hallway to go get something from my office and I went flying. And boy did I land HARD! I have injured my knee before, but this was much worse and more painful. I even saw stars when I stood up after my fall. I've always heard people use the expression "seeing stars" after a hit to the head, but I've never experienced it before. The weird part is that I didn't even hit my head! Anyway, I ended up going to an urgent care clinic to get my knee checked out. The physician was a little worried that I might have fractured something and sent me for xrays. Thankfully all bones are intact! :) I'm in pretty rough shape though and can barely walk. I wonder how long until I'll be able to workout or run again. I guess I'll just take it a day at a time and see how I feel after resting and icing for a couple days.

Ugh! I'm so annoyed with myself for tripping over my own feet! In case I haven't mentioned this before, I'm a total clutz! LOL And I guess the hike I had planned during the long weekend won't be happening :(

On a brighter note, when I stepped on the scale today I have lost another pound! I was actually thrilled to see the 1 lb loss, because I've totally stalled with my weight loss recently. I've tried not to focus on the scale too much and instead just focused on increasing my stamina and activity. It looks like that and patience has paid off. Hopefully I'm not sidelined with this knee injury for too long. I'm off to ice it some more!


1 comment: