Monday, September 20, 2010

Why is the fall season so busy???

I'm kind of looking forward to September winding down. The fall season is always so busy! And I'm not even a teacher or someone with children! My days lately have been so long and exhausting. I'm currently being pulled in so many different directions; most of it my doing, but not all of it. Most of it related to work, but some of it personal commitments. So once again I find myself on here just writing another quick update while I have some time. I hate feeling like I'm leaving this blog stagnant, but I just don't have the energy right now. Anyone else know what it's like when simple tasks become overwhelming? I just keep reminding myself, "this too shall pass". That is one thing that I'm good at: recognizing the temporary and fluid nature of stress in life. I don't get too hung up on it and I'm optimistic that it will pass eventually. I just wish it was sooner, rather than later.

My knee is still healing. I'm walking fine on it again, but it is still sore while doing things like walking up stairs. It's also still tender to the touch. I've eased into exercising this past week, with some walking. No C25K for me yet, but I'm itching to get back at it. I've just been listening to my body and doing whatever doesn't hurt. That being said, it's amazing how quickly you get back into your lazy habits of not working out. It's been tough to get my butt off the couch lately. Truth be told, I haven't weighed myself since I blew out my knee. I'm kind of worried about it now, but I'll have to get on and face the music. I'm expecting a gain, but whatever it is, I plan to continually work on my healthy habits as my knee heals.

And on a completely unrelated topic, I'm super excited that all the new television shows are starting up again this week! I hope Tivo is ready to do her job again! I must confess that I probably watch entirely too much TV, but at least with Tivo I can choose when to watch all the shows at my convenience :)

1 comment:

  1. Take care of your knee and you'll be back to C25k in no time! In the meantime, enjoy all the great Fall TV. ;)

    ReplyDelete