Friday, August 21, 2009

Camping!

Hubby and I are heading camping this weekend...I hope the weather holds up! They're calling for thunderstorms around the area. Normally I LOVE thunderstorms, but they're not so much fun in a tent.

I'm heading to the grocery store in a little bit to buy some healthy eats to take camping. Normally camping would mean junk food galore, but I'm going to be proactive and stock up on some healthy fare instead. The good thing about camping is that I'm always way more active than I am at home: swimming, canoeing, hiking, walking, etc. I'm really looking forward to it. The ONLY thing I don't like about camping is where I have to sleep. I'm a sucker for my comfy bed and have a hard time sleeping anywhere else, let alone in a sleeping bag, on the ground, in a tent. I'm going to experiment this time by bringing some other blankets and possibly opening up my sleeping bag to use it more as a blanket/to lie on. That's one thing about being a big girl camping...there's just not enough room in the sleeping bag to move around as freely as I'd like. It's these little things that smaller people take for granted...I know I did before I gained all my weight! I remember the first time I went camping after gaining a substantial amount of weight. I was like, "Did my sleeping bag shrink?!?" LOL! Not only do our pants get smaller, but our sleeping bags do as well. So I guess that's something to look forward to for next summer. I'll be smaller and my sleeping bag will be bigger!

No comments:

Post a Comment