Saturday, August 15, 2009

Exercise really CAN be fun!

Today I partook in an accidental workout…you know the workout you do without even realizing it because you’re having so much fun. The kind of workout that leaves you feeling really sore later that night or the next day, and you're caught off guard wondering why your muscles are aching because you don't remember actually exercising.

I spent the day at the beach today. It was so sunny and hot, the water was warm, and the company was great (a couple friends and my pup). We were there for about 5 hours, much of it spent in the water because it was so hot. The great part of this was that I was having so much fun, I didn’t even realize I was getting a fabulous workout. My arms are so sore right now! Mostly my triceps. I guess all the swimming, treading water, and throwing balls with my pup added up. I love that feeling. Knowing that I got a workout in without even having to try! It’s a nice reminder that exercise really can be fun, and that it can be incorporated into daily activities in a way that doesn’t necessarily feel like a chore.

And yes…to those of you who might be wondering…I proudly wore my tankini bathing suit amongst all the tanned, bikini clad beauties on the beach. Why should only skinny people get to enjoy the sun, sand, and water?

No comments:

Post a Comment