I was kind of worried about weighing in today because I ate way too much over the weekend while camping. I had brought some healthy food with me, which I did eat...but I also ate a whole whack of potato chips, burgers (at least they were PC Blue Menu), and probably too many roasted marshmallows. Here's what went wrong: it rained. It rained, which means that on a camping trip, you're pretty limited with regard to the activities you were planning to do. We ended up spending most of the time on the picnic tables under the tarp talking, playing games and eating. Usually while camping we'd spend so much more time hiking, playing in the water with the dogs, canoeing/kayaking, etc. We had some sun Saturday afternoon, but the rain came early and pretty much stayed for the rest of the day and night. Unfortunately, it was also fairly cool out, which meant that when we got wet, we got a chill. At least if it rains when it's hot out no one really cares that they're wet.
So as you can see from the picture, we hung a couple tarps to protect us from the rain. I knew the forecast was calling for rain, so I stopped at a store on the way up north and picked up a couple of large tarps just in case...and believe it or not, everyone was telling me that we didn't need them! Well, I can tell you when it started raining, people were pretty happy they had the tarps to sit under.
No comments:
Post a Comment