Saturday, August 15, 2009

Goals and Rewards

I thought it would be a good idea to set some small goals for myself and come up with a reward for each milestone, in a hope to better motivate myself. I work well with goals in mind. As of now, I’m not following any particular food plan, though I am partial to Weight Watchers. I did WW a few years ago and found some success, but after going on a vacation, never quite recommitted again...and of course, as the old story goes, the weight came back with a vengeance. What’s funny is that even years later, I still think of food in terms of points!

So below I’ve shared my goals. I weighed in this past Monday at my all-time highest weight of 303 lbs. *gulp* I’ve been hovering just under the 300 mark for the past year, but now I’ve crossed over it and I need to make sure I don’t venture any further into the 300’s. I’ve seen enough of them thank you very much.

Initial Weigh-in: 303 lbs (August 10, 2009)

Goals:

298 --- 5 lbs (First 5 lbs AND out of the 300’s forever!!!)
Reward =New running shoes

293 --- 10 lbs
Reward = Manicure/Pedicure

288 --- 15 lbs (Celebrate another 5 lbs AND out of the 290’s!)
Reward = New earrings

283 --- 20 lbs
Reward = Facial

278 --- 25 lbs (Celebrate another 5 lbs AND out of the 280’s!)
Reward = New Outfit

273 --- 30 lbs (10% Loss!!)
Reward = Weekend away with Ryan @ Red Leaves Resort
Additional Reward = Clean out my closet of clothes that don’t fit


I'll add onto these goals and rewards as I go along and work towards success. I think it'll be better for me to focus on small intervals, rather than looking into the distance at the long-term goal that seems to far away (aka unattainable). My goal weight is 160 lbs (I'm 5'8"), which is a weight that I have been before, and was happy with, but for now I will only focus on the first 5 lbs to lose. I can do 5 lbs...140 lbs on the other hand...the thought of losing that much weight makes me break out in a cold sweat! It's such an overwhelming thought that it makes me want to give up and curl up on the couch in front of the TV with a bag of potato chips.

Thus, 5 lbs. I can do 5 lbs.

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I see you're following me now, so I checked out your blog. I am high-fiving your small goals - I think the exact same way, i can't think about the amount of weight I want to lose over all, so I just look to my next mini-goal. Good job :) Welcome back to WW :)

    ReplyDelete