Monday, August 17, 2009

Monday Weigh-in

I weighed in today (week 1) and I lost 2 lbs! Woo hoo!

I did indulge this week, but tried to make better choices overall, so I'm glad that showed. I suspect all the activity I got in over the weekend definitely helped my cause.

A Monday weigh-in is a funny thing. I chose Mondays in particular to help keep me accountable for my weekend eating. I remember in the past when I had a Friday weigh-in date I would eat so much crap on the weekend because I felt like I had all week to make up for it. Monday weigh-ins put a stop to all that. I think it makes for a more realistic lifestyle...one that includes moderation.

Is anyone a weekday dieter? I've heard of that...when people eat whatever they want on the weekends and diet strictly during weekdays. Or that people have a "cheat day" once every week, where they can eat whatever they want. It would seem that these kinds of "diets" are just that: diets. Not necessarily sustainable lifestyles where you can eat all kinds of foods in moderation. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong! It just seems like some kind of slippery slope to binging.

So back to my weigh-in for this week. I'm 2 lbs lighter than I was last week, which is AWESOME! I'm actually surprised by how happy I am to see a 2 lb loss. There was a time when seeing only 2 lbs would bum me out, but I think that just seeing the scale go down instead of up, at this point, is a thrill.

No comments:

Post a Comment